Agatha Christie Book:
This book and design project was the culmination of a lifelong interest in the works of Agatha Christie, the next stage appeared to be to create a much needed book. On a minimal budget, this was no small task.
In an interview for the UCL magazine by Clare Bowerman, I recalled part of the experience: “The book didn’t have a big budget for hiring pictures, so I just thought I’d ask a local flying club to take me up and I’d get some aerial pictures myself,” says Vanessa, who sounds unperturbed by the whole experience. As an afterthought she adds: “There were safety issues, I suppose, and moving your head too much with the camera makes you pretty airsick, but it was an amazing experience.”
Everyone was delighted with it, including Chorion plc, owners of Agatha Christie Ltd.
- Reviews highlights, Choice magazine: ‘This brilliantly illustrated book…..
- Good Book Guide: ‘The authors have produced a highly entertaining guide to the Queen of Crime. The text is on the nail and is matched with cherishable illustrations: vintage jackets and images of the lady herself.’
- Book and Magazine Collector. ‘This marvellously presented volume provides a fascinating insight into her work….the book is also a splendid celebration….
- As a result I was asked to contribute to a documentary on Agatha Christie, ‘There’s Something About Christie‘ presented by James Fox. 14 clips were used for the hour length programme. Click on the picture link right to Amazon.
- Mary Evans Picture Library: www.maryevans.com represent a larger portion of my collection. Publishers and TV companies have proved regular users and Mary Evans have made a success of the collection.• Highlights of Image usage: Agatha Christie ITV productions, The Times Obituaries, Penguin Cover, Ancestry advertising.